Monday, February 18, 2013

Big Boys are Away...I Can Eat What I WANT!

Throwing a little somethin', somethin' for two three year olds at dinner is a breeze.  A yogurt, some apple, "cookies" made with chick peas, peanut butter and chocolate chips - don't raise your eyebrows. They are actually quite tasty. I found the recipe for them on pinterest when looking for more ways to cook chickpeas. Afterall, I have 50 pounds of them! More on that in another post.

On evenings such as these I am tempted to grab some cheese, crackers, loads of tortilla chips, salsa and more cheese and just snack the night away. This evening I decided to grab a delicious red pepper, portobello mushroom, onion, some fresh parsley, spinach and about a cup of cooked chickpeas (all of which I had on hand).  A little chopping, a warm cast iron skillet, a pat of butter and some olive oil. Don't forget that dash of sea salt! So easy. So good for you.

It is both fortunate and unfortunate that my little men will not want any of this. On the one hand I want my boys to love all things healthy, on the other hand their displeasure means I may enjoy and savor each bite. No need to share. No need for large quantities. No need to hear, "Ew, gross".

And so I did enjoy...



Now I know not all of my adult friends would find this dish appealing either. So, I'm curious to know if you have a favorite dish that you are unable to frequently enjoy due to conflicted household tastebuds. Share if you feel so inclined. :)



1 comment:

  1. I'LL EAT IT!

    this is joanna btw :) you are officially in blog reader

    ReplyDelete