Sunday, February 10, 2013

Green Smoothies & Lace

Sunday mornings tend to be a little hectic in our home.  Of course the more I prepare the night before with selected outfits for all, breakfast for the whole brood and packing up any necessary materials the better the morning goes.

You ever have those evenings where you know if you sit down for even a moment you will be done for the night? That was me last night, and yes, I sat down.  So the breakfast plan and what I was going to wear was left for the morning.

There is hardly ever time in the morning to prepare a green smoothie on Sundays but there is always the afternoon. 

Today I snapped a few photos of what I came up with at the last minute...




The jean shirt is a few years old from the LOFT, the print t-shirt is a hand-me-down, the lace skirt and half boots were gifts from Wet Seal.  Although Wet Seal is not on my usual list of stores to browse and frequent, I am enjoying the gifts I received from there. My thought is that with trendy clothes I'd rather not make a big investment. You just don't know how long they will be "in". 

I could not resist posting this next photo in spite of the poor quality.  Hope you find it as humorous as I did.  Love all my boys!


My green smoothie this afternoon consisted of...

A handful of kale, a handful of spinach, a handful of sunflower sprouts, a few leaves of green lettuce
1/2 an apple
1/2 a blood orange
4 or 5 Strawberries
1 Banana
5 ice cubes

I'm finishing this puppy off right now.  

2 comments:

  1. This is my go to smoothie! Except I don't have sunflower sprouts. I do 1Tbs of chia seeds and 1 Tbs of flax seeds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting "RoseyRoman" and for the chia and flax seed reminder! :) I purchase a weekly box of produce from a local co-op, so my smoothie ingredients varies by box. The sprouts are an easy throw in and they don't seem to effect the taste any.

      Delete