Saturday, February 9, 2013

Off to a Birthday Party

So, the party is an hour and I'm sitting at my computer in a pair of oversized corduroys and a zip up hoodie. It's one of those afternoons where jeans are unappealing, too cold outside for a casual dress, and I've been wearing leggings all week. Guess it's not just the day. Ha!

Well, I'm off to try to do something with my mess of hair and the slovenly look that I'm clinging to today. It is someone's 40th birthday but it will be a casual affair where kids are allowed, but I am not going in sweats even if that's what I feel like wearing.

After quite a few changes I threw in the towel, sucked in my gut and chose this outfit.


The jacket, Gap jeans,shirt (Wet Seal) and earrings were all either hand-me-downs or gifts. The boots were my own investment at NineWest about 2 years ago. Simple, but I felt put together in spite of the fact that I waited till arrival to button my jeans. :)


Tempted by the dessert table

One happy boy
These shots were taken by a sweet photographer at the birthday party, unbeknown to me at the time. What a pleasure it was to find these "tags" on Facebook.  I especially loved the pictures of the boys! Here is a link to her Facebook page if you are interested in seeing more of her work. Iron and Lace Photography

New way to wear your purse - ha!
Thank you Kelsee! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment