Monday, March 11, 2013

When Smoothies Inspire Outfits

  In an effort to try as many different smoothie combinations as possible, I give you...

 
Parsley and Cantaloupe
I found a recipe in The Green Smoothie Revolution book by Victoria Boutenko that called for just cantaloupe and the parsley, but I can never leave well enough alone. So in addition to the above vitamins-in-whole-food-form, I added the following:

12 oz. of Water
banana
1/2 cup of strawberries
any lettuce variety (MORE greens!)
3 dates
1 T of chia seed
1T of flax seed
5 ice cubes

This smoothie reminds me of this outfit, which I hope is one of the last few cool weather outfits that I am posting for this season. :)





Jean Jacket, wool camel cardigan, print shirt and of course the parsley inspired green scarf! The only item that I purchased myself in this ensemble was the print shirt at a consignment store and the jean jacket quite a few years ago! Way to save!

Would you wear jean on jean?? I felt that I could get away with this because of the camel sweater layered underneath.









No comments:

Post a Comment