Thursday, September 5, 2013

Puppy Play, Ramblings, & a New Scarf

What is more alluring than green, soft grass, a gentle breeze and puppies I ask you. No, they are not mine much to my eldest's dismay. He begs for a pup and I may cave, but not until we have more breathing room at the house and all four boys are in school. Until that day comes we must content ourselves with borrowed puppy time.  

Lady Mary and Grumpy, photo taken by Joanna F.

Just looking at this photo draws me back to that sweet moment. I want to enjoy these moments. Moments when you notice the breeze gently tugging at your hair, the way the clouds travel across the sky and the sound the trees make when shaken by the wind. Moments when the kiss of a pup tickles and makes you laugh. Our family has had countless blessings this year. Blessings that I have referred to as unexpected adventures. In addition to those, we have our health, a roof over our heads and even simple things such as hot showers that flow freely with the turn of a knob...

Right now we do not worry about where our next meal will come from, or whether we will be able to pay our mortgage. We our surrounded by loved ones; supported and encouraged. My children do not know hate.
Why do I feel guilty because of this? 

I look around and see so many hurting. I know where my gifts and blessings come from and I know that all things in life change. Difficulties have visited me before and they will once again; because they come to us all.  I struggle to keep the fear of unknown, future difficulties at bay. This fear can invade my thinking and steal the joy that lies within each of these blessings, big or small.

Rather than fear...Let me not come to expect these blessings! Let me not take them for granted.  May I savor each moment and remember to share from what we have received. Share not just from our things, but give of ourselves - our time, our friendship, our [God's] love. All this comes from God.

So, I wonder what words will fill my pages when arduous times come. What catchy phrase will I use? Will I write at all, believing I have nothing of note to report? Time will tell.


Until then, I will journal to remember these years of plenty when I feel forgotten in the "lean" years. Do not the lean years help us to appreciate times when we have much? Are there not blessings in the midst of turmoil as well? Am I left on my own in times of trial? ***Never!*** (Heb. 13:5-6)


I wish my boys had been out there to play and share this moment with me! Well, they would have pushed me aside for the puppies, but I would have relished in their merriment anyway.


Working on trusting in the good times and using them to help others...working on trusting in the tough times.

********

Outfit breakdown:

Love how a simple accessory can add much to shorts and shirt.

Top: INC (bday present)
Shorts: LOFT, old
Shoes, Sam Edelman (Nordstrom Rack)
Scarf: Target - birthday gift



2 comments:

  1. These pictures with your pups are soooo cute! What a sweet moment!

    I know how you feel - sometimes I definitely feel guilty that life is generally good. I feel like God has blessed me too much. It's a weird thought to have, and I know it isn't right, but it can definitely be a struggle. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, how nice to hear from you again and how nice to know that I am not alone in this!! Now about the puppies, I must confess that although these sweet pups are in the family they don't get to come home with me. :( I was stealing puppy time at our last get together. We are waiting another year before we begin parenting pups. LOL!

      Delete