Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Transitioning Dressy Shorts

It's October! Have I mentioned how much I love this month and time of year? I can't help myself. It makes me feel bouncy, where the humid heat made me feel flat (save for my hair, which grew each passing hour).

The cool, crisp feel in the air has me reaching for cozy throws, warm cups of coffee (well, that's all year round) and tea. I start to think about pumpkin patches and all the goodies that come from their harvest.

Apple orchards and corn mazes, bon fires with roasted marshmallows. Hot cocoa and hot apple cider - I'm ready!

With the drop in temperatures I was also ready to put away these dressy shorts, but why not give them a fall's chance?

So after putting the outfit together there was only the shoes to deliberate over. Indecision was sucking my morning away, so I texted a friend three pics with different shoes. When in doubt, ask for help!




This outfit was fun and comfortable, as well as inexpensive (see breakdown below).  I also have a pair of grey/silver tights I'd like to try with these. Maybe next week. Hope you are enjoying your fall weather. :)

Chrissy

Outfit breakdown:

Top: INC (gift)
Shorts: Nordstrom Rack ($5 - gift)
Leggings: Nordstrom Rack ($3)
Shoes: Goodwill ($5)
Necklaces: Shorter - Lia Sophia (old) Longer - Khol's ($1 after coupon)
Purse: Gift

Outfit TOTAL: $9





No comments:

Post a Comment