Saturday, November 30, 2013

Is Grey Your Color?





It's hard not to let my imagination run wild when I stand overlooking a partially frozen lake.  I toss a rock across to listen to the echoing clang bounce off the water and ice.  Sometimes the rock would hit with enough force to fall right through. Other times it rested on the surface.  Most entertaining is when the point of the rock would pierce the ice but not fall through.  The ice around the hole would begin to crack and spread. I should get more points for that one!

You know I didn't hang out for too long in that cold.  Each Thanksgiving week Mom Rowden takes my SIL, Debbie, and I out shopping for our Christmas gifts.  I look forward to it every year and always feel overly spoiled, if not undeserving!  Mom R. has a great eye and both she and Debbie are honest about what looks good and what doesn't.

As far as what I wore, I would say that easy on and off shoes would have been better for a shopping day, but other than that I was completely comfortable. I love the color grey and had to enlist help to keep myself from gravitating to more grey selections. Debbie continually pointed me to color, so thankfully a little variety now lives in my closet. Looking forward to sharing what I came back with.

Outfit Breakdown:
White Shirt : INC
Grey Shirt: Nordstrom Rack
Jeans: White/Black
Mittens: early Christmas gift
Boots: borrowed

Chrissy

2 comments:

  1. I love grey...and have the same tendency to wear it often! It's a comfort-color for me. I find I wear it on days when I need to slow down, chill, or simply just don't feel like "getting out of my pj's"! ;) Super cute outfit, Chrissy! Can't wait to see you soon! Must make this happen! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! You described it perfectly, especially the part about comfort. And yes we need to get together soon...before Christmas!! Thank you for commenting on the blog - love it!

      Delete