Thursday, December 12, 2013

New Sweater & Boot Cuts






A new sweater! I'm afraid these pictures don't do the sweater justice. A delicate silver threading is woven throughout this roomy, soft sweater enabling a dress up or casual look. My MIL picked out this sweater during our early-Christmas shopping day in Illinois (something I look forward to every year!). She has a great eye and fabulous taste. I am hoping it rubs off on me! 

The boot cut jeans have been around for awhile, but with all the ways to wear skinny jeans and the trends for boyfriend jeans, I have neglected them.  Poor thangs. And I must confess that partaking in the delights of the season calls for flexibility in the middle, something my skinnies just don't offer. This pair of jeans features some give in the waist and complimented the neutral tones of the sweater. Decision made!

Layering with the polka dot shirt was an afterthought to mix patterns! This ensemble turned out to be a hubby favorite, which means I will be wearing it again. :)

Debbie, Mom Rowden & I sporting our new Sweaters
Hope you are enjoying the wonderful Christmas season.

Chrissy

P.S. Both the sweater and the shirt are on sale. Just click on the links to check them out for yourself. :)

Outfit Breakdown:
Sweater:  The Limited (early Christmas from MIL)
Polka Dot shirt:  LOFT (early Christmas from MIL)
Jeans: WHBM (old)
Boots: Wet Seal (last year)
Bracelets: (Target clearance)

2 comments:

  1. I have to be honest, the sweater is not all that flattering on the mannequin online and would not have caught my eye! However, I love it on you!!! So, it's currently sitting in my shopping cart while I decide whether I really "need" it or not. I recently cleaned out and gave away almost all of my sweaters after losing so much weight, so I could really use it, but I'm just not great at buying for me! We'll see... Thanks for your post! You make me happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww, thanks Stephanie and what a great reason to need new sweaters!! If Mom Rowden hadn't of suggested the sweater I wouldn't have tried it...Can't wait to see if you end up treating yourself or not. Just a few extra loaves of bread sold, right??

      Delete