Friday, January 31, 2014

Snow & A Date Night Ensemble



This week Georgia actually had snow. One moment it was clear and the next moment snow quickly rained down outside my kitchen window.  Along with the falling flakes of wonderment came an instant pull to the kitchen.  We need soup for warmth and what's a snow day without dessert? (Down in Georgia if we get snow with a promise of freezing conditions we know the schools will be closed and quite possibly some businesses.  Let the mini-vacation begin!)

So with soup simmering on the stove and the house tidied, there was only one thing left to do - get some pictures with a couple outfits I've had hanging in the closet waiting.

(The larger person wearing coveralls is my husband. Nothing like a redneck snowsuit to keep warm out there! ;))

********
Next time, I may go fix my hair and makeup...maybe




My husband is not a huge fan of the high waisted look of this skirt, but I had to at least try. My solution will simply be to untuck the shirt for our date night.  Man! I should have snapped a picture like that. Next time. :) Confession: I don't think I could eat anything wearing this shirt tucked in. While bending over to pick something up off the floor the snap popped open. Yeah, I better wear it with the shirt out.

Inspiration came from this picture I saw on the Forever 21 website..


Outfit Breakdown:

Plaid: JCrew (last year)
Leather Skirt: Thrift Store
Leopard tights: Target
Black Booties: GoodWill
Clutch: Khol's
Wrap Bracelet: Premiere
Bangle: Gift
Ring: Lia Sophia




I hope you are staying warm and cozy this winter.

Chrissy


SHARE:

3 comments

© Granola and Grace
Blogger Templates made by pipdig