Monday, February 17, 2014

Dress a Little Short? More Experimenting...

My first attempt at taking a dress that seems to have shrunk a bit and making a top out of it...

Just playing around...

I started with the dress tights and boots...



Grabbed this skirt...

Added a sweater and accessories...


Left the house in this...


Outfit Breakdown:

Dress: LOFT (last year's clearance)
Skirt: LOFT ($14 this pas fall)
Sweater: LOFT (old)
Scarf: GAP (Christmas present)
Necklace & Earrings: Charming Charlie (Christmas present)
Trusty Purse: Liz Claiborne (Goodwill - $4.00)
Boots: Clarks (OLD)

(No money spent this year towards this outfit.)

Ok. So this outfit will not make my top 10 OR my top 20, but I'm a firm believer in trying things. Maybe a more form fitting sweater would improve the overall look, but  I was warm, comfortable and ended up trading the skirt for jeans later in the day. Liked that even more. Wish I had a pic to share. One of these days I will take the time to get the photos taken before I leave the house. However, I'm hard pressed at being punctual as it is!

I hope you are having a fabulous week and feel encouraged to experiment with what you already have hanging in that closet. C'mon! Just learn from my mistakes and tenacious tendency to lean towards a -"I should be pushing a shopping cart around my neighborhood, picking up items I find as I go along"- look. :)

Chrissy

2 comments:

  1. I like this look a lot! I am all about using wearing your clothes as many ways as possible - wearing a dress as a top is kind of genius! And the layers totally make it work. You look awesome in my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley! Makes a girl feel better. :)

      Delete