Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Flats to Heels: Red Stripes & Graphic Tees

From snowstorm to the mild 60s - Hello Georgia!
The boys had off from school for President's day so we spent the day getting haircuts, obtaining big thrills in the drive-thru carwash and hauling (some rolling) the logs that littered our backyard onto our poor, misplaced and misunderstood cement pad.  If next winter is anything like this winter we will be ready!

Now onto this throw-together ensemble...

Bold, embellished tees have been making their playful return for over a year now. I've seen them under cardigans and blazers or with dress pants and skirts.  Pairing it with this striped cardigan was a last minute call I liked and found blog worthy.  Purse lovers out there, I'm sure you tire of me using this handbag I lovingly rescued from the rejected purses at Goodwill.  It's roomy and goes with just about anything, making it irresistible. Just between us, I am on the hunt for another great deal!




Now, if I want to change this outfit into what I would deem as date worthy, I would simply trade out the flats for heels and the day bag for a small clutch. Add a dab or two of lipstick and I'm ready to go.




So tell me, what is your style for a dinner and a movie type of outing? Would the flats and roomy bag be just right for you, or would you play it up some with some heels? There are no wrong answers here. :)

Thank you for reading and making blogging so fun!

Chrissy

Outfit Breakdown:

Cardigan: WetSeal (last year)
Embellished Tee: Hand-me-down
Skinny Jeans: GAP ($12)
Scarf: Gift from Bro
Red Flats: Famous Footwear ($10)
Purse: Liz Claiborne ($5 - GoodWill)
Red Heels: WHBM (gift from MIL)
Red Clutch: Fossil (old)
Watch: Quartz (don't know)

No recent funds went to this outfit. :)

Today I am linking up with Because Shanna Said So and the pleated poppy. :)


the pleated poppy blog

3 comments:

  1. for date night I think I like dressing it up a bit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just discovered your blog via the pleated poppy. I hope to see a lot more of you in fashion and beauty posts. I also can't help but notice that you're in phenomenal shape. How do you do it? Fitness posts perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment and for future post ideas! Always appreciated. :)

      Delete