Monday, February 3, 2014

Superhero Shirts & Random Thoughts


Please allow me a throwback to our family Christmas at my Mom's for just a moment...The kids are frantically tearing through packages. The rest of us open our own gifts, while attempting to figure out who is receiving what. Distractedly, I open my next gift and see a Superman symbol. What? This must be for Caden, our lover of all things Superman. Double-checking the scrawled name on the tag, I continue and pull out a blue sweatshirt with a large Superman crest in shiny red and gold.  Was it a gag gift or for real? Gauging by the laugh coming from my mom I assumed it was a little both.







Would I wear it out?? Oh yes. Do my boys think I'm cool when I wear it? Picture this...Me in my superman shirt, Evan in his Batman shirt and Caden in his superman shirt. We all step out of the mini-van, in slow motion of course, and stride into the grocery store ready to take on WHATEVER may transpire amongst those apples, bananas, and pears.  That's cool right there.


*********
Now while we had our snow-in last week I decided to try another take on this sweatshirt by pairing it with a striped dress I have. Just ignore the Dr. Quinn hair style I seem to be going for in these pictures...






Outfit Breakdown:

Sweatshirt: Khol's
Dress: LOFT
Boots: Nordstrom Rack
Purse: B Makowsky (gift)
Necklace: Premiere
Bracelets: Charming Charlie (Christmas gift)

Closing Random Thoughts...

Of course I'm no superhero and I try to explain to my growing boys that although in their young minds Superman, Batman, etc seem real there is actually only ONE man who ever lived that was and is a Superhero to many.  His name is Jesus and before the eyes of thousands, performed the greatest of miracles - not one being an illusion. Reliable, historical records have eyewitness accounts to the incredible MAN who healed lepers, the born-blind, the deaf, the mute, raised dead to life - including Himself! That's pretty amazing.

And in His grace, he allows those who believe in Him to take part in His superhero agenda to lovingly save the whole world from the miseries that living apart from our Creator brings.  I'm humbled and baffled that He would choose such an imperfect side-kick like me. Truly there are far more qualified, but boy am I grateful.

Chrissy

"For God so loved the world that he gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him."


SHARE:

3 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved this blog and you are a Super hero to me and not to be confusing you this is mom.... Some how RoseyRoman stole my comment....

      Delete
    2. Sorry RoseyRoman, I should have left that blog there for u....

      Delete

© Granola and Grace
Blogger Templates made by pipdig