Thursday, April 17, 2014

This Week's Round Up


How can it be? Spring break, for many of us, has already come and gone.  It seems that the more I pack in a day, the faster time flies.  This was definitely one of those full weeks and I'm pleased to share a snippet or two here on the blog.

***Directing A Wedding***

Blazer: WHBM, Skirt: WHBM (THRIFT FIND!) Shoes: WHBM

Every once in awhile, as one of the back-up wedding directors for our church, I'm called upon to fill in and enjoy making sure everyone from the grandparents to those little ring bearers get to where they need to be.  Something that made this wedding extra special in our culture today was that the bride's parents AND the groom's parents were still together!

Of course I leave each wedding thinking about my own marriage and reminiscing back to our own special day.  That day when our ring bearer went missing, so my videographer (brother) passed on the camera to my younger and less experienced brother...ah, my wonderful wedding video is full of incredible detail - detail of my nose as the camera zoomed in closer and closer on my face. And I don't want to forget what the ceiling looked like, so I appreciate the special attention given to the beams, light fixtures etc while the ceremony was in full swing. (I love you little brother!!) And don't worry about the ring bearer. He was safely tucked in for a good nap on one of the back pews! I know we all have stories like this from that wonderful, but crazy day.

The Mother of the Bride

I wanted to share this picture because the MOB found her lovely dress at a local thrift store. Well done! I'm looking forward to paying this little thrift store a visit.



***A Morning Out***



Jacket: Talbots (Old)
Boyfriend Jeans: GAP
Hoodie & Cable Sweater: Cast off
Cami: Cast off
Shoes: Cast off
Bracelet: Target
Butterfly Necklace: Khol's for $2.13!!

***Quick Camping Trip***

It RAINED! 


Our Camper leaked! We woke up to water covering the "living area" and seeping into the bunk room. The rains of the night became the rains of the day. We cleaned up the water, grabbed a bucket and during a brief rain-interlude my hubby laid a tarp over the top of the camper ceasing any further water flow.


Drip, Drip, Drip


But they could care a less...the boys played, went to the movies and came back and played some more. The highlight for me was testing our new camping popcorn popper. At night we would gather around the campfire, along with our fellow camping friends.  S'more ingredients were quick on the scene and then there was popcorn. A little oil in the pan, 1/4 cup of kernels and the heat of the fire put us in business. We repeated this three times the first night changing our seasonings with each batch.  I think the excited laughter I shared with my friend as the first kernels popped made it taste that much better.

My boys and their friend...
Outside play will always do them in...



***Friend's Film School Project***

A friend of mine is going to school for photography and asked if I could assist her with her film project. She had to write a commercial script and then of course film and edit it. I received the final script the night before so I was a little nervous about committing everything to memory. My attire was to be professional wear...

Nervous Smile

Making new friends...the Co-Star (We both be amateurs!)

I'm not loving my hair. Not loving it at all.
More Actors...
Outfit:
Cardigan: LOFT
Ruffled Shirt: LOFT
Slacks: LOFT
Shoes: 9West (GoodWill)

All in a week! :) Did you go anywhere special for spring break?

P.S. I'm linking up with the pleated poppy this week.


pleated poppy

No comments:

Post a Comment