Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Chevron Stripes, Casual & My New Fav Shirt


From our Azaleas

I am loving the spring of 2014. And I believe a big reason is how we are able to entertain more. Yay, for having people over! Now we just need more days in the week and more meat in the freezer.

Here is my way of taking advantage of what little blooms we have. We are not skilled in the ways of gardening, but we continue to learn what the hardiest plants are. So when you come to visit (and I know you all will eventually!), you find a lot of hostas, azaleas and more hostas. Someone did pass their leftover flowers onto me, so we also have a few that I have to identify.

So as the days pass through my stubborn grip, I do my best to journal the "little things" in this blog. It's like a virtual scrapbook for those who don't have the space or time to drag out the supplies and get to cutting.

End of the Year Share Day


Butterfly necklace: Khols/Bracelets: Target
To close out this year's Bible study group, we have a special share day. And yes, folks are given the opportunity to share what they have learned throughout the year.    So I pulled out one of my new shirts and paired it with my boyfriend jeans. With the tank top to match my heels I felt put together and comfortable - no better combination if you ask me.  The bracelets were my Target clearance find for under $5.

Field Day for my 4th Grader


Another end to another school year! That means hanging out for field days and class parties. This outfit was also comfortable.  I added the white "jacket" to keep from being self conscience of possible booty stares or flesh going out of place around the waist. Check out my philosophy on those extra pounds for those of you that fluctuate in this post.

Mother's Day Weekend - this shirt

Shirt: Michael Kors/Bermuda Shorts:LOFT/Shoes:Nordstrom Rack

New Shirt! New favorite!! I almost passed up this Michael Kors shirt while shopping the clearance at Nordstrom Rack. It was $22 and I like to stay under $20 for shirts. But I went for it anyway and haven't regretted the decision. I have worn it for Easter Sunday with dress capris, a Mother's day luncheon with skinny jeans and then again on Mother's Day with Bermuda  shorts as pictured here. How many ways can I wear it? White shorts next?? Maybe...


The flower was made by my 10 year old at church. I heard that this was take two. The first one had minimal effort, so his teacher (and my friend) encouraged him to try again. I love it and look how the flower matched my new favorite shirt.

My Boys...


My Mommy...

Hubby pictured too, well his shadow is...
 Hope you are enjoying what is left of the spring. And go ahead - journal about the "little things"!

As always, it's a pleasure to link up with the pleated poppy's blog. :)

pleated poppy

1 comment: