Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Scarf No. 2: Peaches & Fringe

Good day! In this post I feel like maximizing my topic coverage by featuring my second scarf, introducing you to my family and sharing one of my favorite dresses. So let's get started.

Scarf #2: Peaches & Fringe...the most worn this season!

...in other lighting it's much more grey.

This accessory was one of those pleasant surprises in versatility, thereby becoming one of my most worn scarves this season. It was a gift that I loved at first sight, but I had no idea how many outfits I would bring together with this addition. "Peaches & Fringe" (I know. I'm blowing your mind with my creativity.) even made it into our family photos taken by the lovely Morgan Mechling Photography. By the way, I now have a few more scarves from this friend who also makes her own jewelry. You can see some of her pieces at Curry And Curry Innovations on Facebook.

My Family...


From left to right you have Collin our 11 year old, Caden one of our five year olds, my husband, Glen, Evan our other 5 year old and Ethan our 13 year.

Scarf from Curry and Curry Innovations
That's us. Really. Oh, and the scarf too! ;)

The Dress...


Does it look like he is straining to hold me up??
Once upon a time, I was perusing clearance racks in a lazy, distracted manner at a lovely store known as the Altar'd State. Slide, slide went hanger after hanger. Just as I began to step away my eyes beheld this masterpiece. Shock turned to wonder, as I realized that it was not only the right size, but  also the right price.  You see, this was not my first time wandering the racks in this store. Nor, was it the first time I laid eyes on this dress - Meant to Be! Originally priced $108, a red sticker now boldly proclaimed - $22!

Even my knight in shining armor could not contain his excitement (as you can see in the photos above)!! I leaped into his waiting arms and we spun around and around. Then he pulled out his leather whip and...WHAT?!? No further comment...
Ok, whatever. I know, you don't have time to read this drivel... but allow me to mention my excitement  about the bows on the back of this dress, as well as the lacy detail all throughout. Spring cannot come fast enough. :)

That is all for today my friends. Do you have an accessory that has surprised you in its versatility?

P.S. Today I'm linking up with http://www.becauseshannasaidso.com/ and the Pleated Poppy.

Chrissy

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Granola and Grace
Blogger Templates made by pipdig