Monday, February 22, 2016

Encouragement for My Fellow Fearful

IDo you often run from a challenge? Or do you thrive on the thought of surmounting that next feat? Man, I wish I was the latter!! But alas, I tend to avoid, or even run from certain challenges. What if I fail and look the fool?!

But with great quotes (easily accessible with a quick Pinterest search!) such as: 


"You only fail when you stop trying" 
and
"Don't be afraid to fail. Be afraid not to try!" 

I should be grabbing the bull by the horns! 

All kidding aside, perhaps a part of maturity is accepting the failures along with the successes, and not allowing either to define who we are. And is it really a failure if we've learned valuable lessons along the way?

For those that do avoid or run, how often are you thankful you've accepted the challenge once it's complete? 

As mentioned in a former post, this year I'm intent on celebrating even the smallest of achievements or accepted challenges. It helps me to be thankful. It gives me more confidence in the God who equips me for every good work (large OR small). And just maybe, this will encourage another fellow fearful; another fighter of self-doubt.

Today's small achievement... 

Recently, our small group at church was challenged to write a letter to our family and come prepared the following week to possibly read it in front of the group. The idea of the letter was to teach us how to encourage, endear, enrich and enlighten our loved ones with the Gospel of Christ.  I fully intended to write the letter. Really I did. However, that week was a week like any other week - busy, busy, busy.  Sunday quickly approached and I no longer planned on writing that letter.  That is until, the challenger-assignee messaged me with the request to read mine if no one else volunteered.  

Coasters made by my talented sister, Lauren
Saturday afternoon came. Nothing. 

Saturday night, I sat down again to write. Nothing. 

Sunday morning I woke up early, sat in front of my laptop and there it was. 

A gift. Words full of His beautiful truths and promises began to flow. The usual cloudy mind, with thoughts bouncing in all directions came into focus. I knew that He honored my acceptance of the assignment. And you can bet, I was so thankful I said yes.  

Oh! Guess how many lovelies volunteered??? Yup. I read my letter to the group that morning.   

I'm copying my letter into this post. I pray it will encourage, enlighten, enrich and even endear you to our one true God. All glory to Him!

And to my Fellow Fearful?  I pray that we will put our confidence in the ONE who knows us, loves us and wants what's best for us, and...GO FOR IT!!

Chrissy


********

Beloved family, 

I write to you this day to tell you that God loves you. Even though we are sinners; we want our own way, we fight, we steal, we lie, we cheat, He still gave His only Son and we need only to confess our sin, believe in Him, trust Him and follow Him to receive His precious gift of salvation and eternal life. God IS love. We cannot grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ (Eph 3:18). Is there any greater demonstration of love than to lay down your own life? That’s what Jesus did on the cross. 

Jesus came that we my have life and have it to the full! (John 10:10b) A life filled with the fruits of the spirit: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.  We are called to walk according to the Spirit and not fulfill the lusts of our flesh, but our flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit. We cannot do whatever we want and still expect to experience this wonderful fruit and produce fruit. (Galatians 5: 16,17)

So how do we walk in obedience and fight our flesh? This will not always be easy. We must be alert and sober in mind (1 Peter 5:8). Not only do we contend with our flesh. But take care. We have an enemy. An enemy seeking to devour. His aim is to steal, kill and destroy (John 10:10a). This is not an exaggeration or me being overly dramatic. He seeks to tear apart our family. He lies to us. He will tell you, you are no good. He will tell you the ways of the world are better, easier and more exciting than God’s ways. He will try to lead you down a path of destruction. 

Do not be dismayed by this, for Greater is He that is within you than he that is in the world!
And once we are His, nothing can separate us from the love of Christ Jesus. When we fail, we should confess our sins and He will forgive us. His mercies are new every morning. He is full of grace, unmerited favor. 

 Again, Believe in Him!  Fear the LORD our God, walk in obedience to Him and love him, and serve Him with all our heart and with all our soul. (Duet. 10:12).

We must love God and when we love God, we will love one another.

We will read our Bibles and pray. For His word is a lamp for our feet and a light for our path. When we trust Him and acknowledge Him in all our ways, he will direct our paths. 

We must keep our lives free from the love of money and be content with what we have.  He will never leave us or forsake us. (Hebrews 13:5)  When we Seek first His Kingdom, He will provide all that we need physically, mentally and spiritually.

Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation. Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain. (Phil. 2:14-16)

Finally, we must share and demonstrate these truths to others. For God is sending Jesus once again. But this time it will be to gather His church to Him. We are His church. Oh, God help us to live a life worthy of our calling.

Your loving, dearest, momsicle :)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Granola and Grace
Blogger Templates made by pipdig