Saturday, June 25, 2016

Denim & Heels




Hello blogger world! This post has me stepping out in a shirt I rarely wear and heels.

"Why do you rarely wear that top, Chrissy?"

Oh, I'm so glad you asked.

It requires ironing. Ironing. As in, drag out an ironing board, pull out the iron, pour water into it and stand there - and iron. It frustrates me when I iron a piece of clothing, only to find that it looks wrinkled by the end of the day. (What a whiner!) However, this shirt was the perfect choice with my new necklace from Premier.  The copper toned accents suited the warm ivory of the top. And the turquoise stones begged to be apart of the bracelet and shoe ensemble. So iron I did.
 
No more talk of ironing. Let's talk about heels! I love the way heels change the overall look in an outfit. To me they say, "I'm serious". Serious about what? Whatever...!

I've got serious business to attend to, I've got some serious fun to have or I'm serious about making this outfit look great. 
But they can also say,
"I'm serious about foot pain" or I'm a serious driving hazard. 

True story.

My boys and I are loaded up in my mom-mobile. I'm feeling well put together. The sun is shining and no one is currently arguing. So far so good.  However, my easy like Sunday morning outing, turned into an adrenaline pumping, scared for our lives close call. When I went to put my foot on the brake, my natural reflex turned into frantic searching for the pedal! What in the world? I couldn't feel the brake through that ridiculously, oversized wedge. Quickly I turned my foot sideways and applied as much pressure as I could. Finally the brake went to the floor and we narrowly missed crashing into the stopped vehicle in front of us. I scan my boys faces and they're looking at me with wide, questioning eyes. What just happened mom?

I no longer wear those shoes to drive. Barefoot is better. Has this ever happened to anyone else??

Outfit BreakDown: 
Top: Local Boutique
Denim: GAP
Shoes: WHBM (similar)
Necklace & Bracelets: (Catalog)

As always, thank you for reading and I love feedback! ;)

Chrissy

Linking up with...The Penniless Socialite and Style Elixir.
SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. I've heard heels can be tricky when driving, it hasn't happened to me but ifyou have little ones it is a good idea to just take a change of shoes I guess....you look super cute love the whole look :)
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nora. :) And I think that a change of shoes is a great suggestion! I may just leave an extra pair in the car.

      Delete