Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy 4th From the Typecasted Skirt

Hey fabulous readers! Today I bring you a couple of my 4th of July outfits, featuring the typecasted, yet lovely maxi skirt by LuLaRoe. Also, scroll down to find a quick, easy fruit topping that will save cash monies in maple syrup!


Red, white & blue. Does it get any easier? I've styled this maxi about 5 different ways already, but I can't get USA out of my head when I look at this skirt hanging freely in my closet. Hence, it landed one of the biggest roles on the calendar year. 4th of July. Ok, it also landed a big part for Memorial day. Maybe I'll cast it for Veteran's Day as well. Deliberations haven't begun just yet. (Side note: I'd be proud to be type-casted. That would mean I'm working!)


Don't wear and drive!
On Memorial Day the skirt was a dress, so it cannot be said that this type-casted dress is not versatile.  Is that an oxymoron? From skirt to dress and now back to skirt. A skirt, paired with my crochet sweater top, dangerous-to-drive-in wedges (I removed them while operating my vehicle) and the most ingenious necklace I own.



"Best Friend" by Premier Designs

It can be styled in over 30 different ways! Just to give you an idea...


Outfit Breakdown:
Sweater: LOFT
Skirt: Maxi by LuLaRoe (Megan Cook)
Shoes: WHBM (warehouse sale $3.00 - do you know any Chicos or WHBM employees?? They might be able to hook you up!)
Necklace: Best Friend (Premier Designs)

Anyway, with the oppressive heat down in Georgia I couldn't wear the necklace like that combined with a sweater all day! So I began trying some different ideas...


When inspiration is lost, I look on Pinterest and Instagram. There's always something...this time I saw a post featuring a maxi, knotted on the side...hmmmm. 


The final outcome...all out patriotic.

The wrinkles "fell out" by the time I got where I was going.
The knot actually let some air in, making this skirt doable for the rest of the day.  However, if you try this, be sure to make a good knot. Mine fell out just as we were pulling up to our first destination.

The necklace reminded me of a firework. What? I'm serious. After a few hours outside in the sun, it felt like one too.

 Well, I hope you had a wonderful 4th weekend. Before I go, I leave you with pancakes, our 4th of July breakfast, and a berry topping recipe.

fresh milled flour, banana and applesauce are the main ingredients in this breakfast drama, topped by fruit
Quick and Easy Fruit Topping:
1 to 2 cups of Frozen Mixed Berries (according to mouths to feed)
Drizzle of Vanilla Extract 
Water to desired consistency (I started with 1/2 a cup)
1 to 2 teaspoons of maple syrup (or desired sweetener)

Pulse in blender to combine and chop up fruit
Heat on stove
Serve! :)

Chrissy

P.S. Linking up with Elegantly FashionableMichelle's PaigeStill Being MollyMyriad MusingsElegantly Dressed and Stylish and More Pieces of Me today

4 comments:

  1. What a fun necklace! how versatile!
    www.coffeeandcosmos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute skirt. I'm a sucker for polka dots and I love that it has a fit of flair at the hem. Also love the necklace. I have a few Mialicia pieces that I love for the same reason. You can style them lots of different ways. Might as well get some mileage out of your jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Adrian! Positive feedback is a great thing to wake up to. :) And I will be looking at all my jewelry with mileage on the brain from now on.

      Delete