Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Green Jeans, Local Places & Goodbyes

I usually don't try and fit so much into one post, so bear with me and hold onto your seats.

The day began with a trip to a new favorite store of mine: Marisa Jill's Boutique. It's a local gem, nestled in a downtown shopping center surrounded by historic charm. A few friends introduced me to this gateway of fashion versatility and I knew from my first moment in the door that I'd return. Not only were the clothes cute, but they fit nicely and are AFFORDABLE, which is a biggie for me!

I also noticed a photo studio right in the store with a flyer that explained if you wanted to model their clothes for social media, simply come in wearing purchases from their store. While, I don't consider myself a model I thought this would be a fun blog idea. Little did I know how awkward I would feel when that day came...

I circle the store a few times, wondering if I should leave.
How silly. Why all this sudden insecurity??
I approach the counter.

"Hi. Yes. So, I heard that if one comes into your boutique dressed in clothes from your store, you'll take pics for your social media. 
Ahem. Throat Clear. 
"Yes. Yes, we do."
Awkward silence.
I smile.
The young man at the counter clears his throat. 
"Do you want to model for our store?"he asked.
Oh! Did he have to use the word model?? And how many ladies are standing around me right now??

I stammar for a moment and say something like "do you, uh, mind older ladies?". (what in the world???)

I felt silly and self-conscious. What if they didn't like how I styled the clothes? And really, I scoped out their social media page and didn't see anyone my age on there.

He laughs at my semi-joke and tells me that I can go freshen up at the mirror if I like. 

So this is me. Freshening up. 


What you see is what you get at that point! And I hope you don't see how much I was perspiring. 

Since my shoes, jewelry and handbag were not from there, he lent me accessories from the store for the pictures.  I loved the pops of purple and was so tempted to purchase those to take home with me! Here are the shots he sent me...




I left feeling good about the experience and learned to get over myself! Honestly, I enjoyed interacting with the staff there and could see myself going again. Especially since they have an incredibly comfortable pair of jeans that I want to add to my closet. Did I grow from this experience? Did I learn to think through my ideas before charging forward? Maybe even do a little prayer, ya know?? Ok. I can always do the prayer, but too much over thinking is probably better left at home.

Outfit Breakdown:

********
Now my day didn't end at Marissa Jill's. Later that night, after a crazy amount of juggling and maneuvering, the hubby and I were able to escape with my sister and her husband  (oh and one of my kiddos) to a local coffee shop.

Mocha Moes...

Ordinary on the Outside... 


Fun and adorable on the inside...


Kid Play Area!



And of course...GREAT Coffee...


Now let's get back to our outing that evening...

My brother in law is in the army and that means moves. Lots of moves. But you know what? Our family has been spoiled. For years they've been stationed at two different bases right here in Georgia; just a drive away. However, back in the spring they received orders to head to Alaska. Alaska. Cold, long wintery, FAR Alaska. At first, it seemed terrible! But we adapted and our excitement for their new adventure grew.

Come August 1st, they moved out of their home and my sister and daughters were able to come stay with us (my mom, his mom and even our crew some) until the 29th.

It was great and we tried to squeeze in as much as we could! So, since we share a love for coffee I had to take her to my new favorite place.  We had a great time and I was glad we made the extra efforts to go. I need to post about our trip to Disney last September. When I learned about their big move, it made me grateful for time well spent!

Here are our goofy photos from that night. They left Monday morning and I miss her already!! Snap chat is keeping us in touch right now.

Quality time. Quality time. So thankful for good moments and heart-felt conversations.


Yup. There's my boy photobombing

I just had to share that one with my husband's crazy eyes. He said his contact was drying out.

Well, my friends go hug someone today. It will feel so good.

Chrissy

13 comments:

  1. You are a true doll!! Love them jeans and all the goodness in this post!! Work it girl! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the smile you put on my face this morning! :)

      Delete
  2. Cute outfit, although I haven't braved the torn jeans yet:) Wondered about Glen's expression. Thanks for explaining. May need to visit that coffee shop next time I'm in town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can definitely rock those torn jeans and we will be visiting Mocha Moes next time. :)

      Delete
  3. I love this blog post!!! Cute as ever in the modeling and if course you know how I feel about Mocha Moes!!! I'm crying now. Love you and here's my hug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet words and the hug! :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A boutique with a kid section..... That's what I'm talking about!! Glad you you did it.. You look beautiful:)
    Thank you for linking up with Weekend Wear,
    xo
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words! As far as the link up, I'm trying to connect with a few linkups to build a community. For me, my favorite part of blogging is the social interaction with other people who post pics of themselves featuring their style journeys. lol.

      Delete
  6. I love those modeling shots! You look adorable and they turned out really well. I have to say I love those booties with it too. I'd be tempted to purchase them as well!

    ReplyDelete





  7. The truth thatReplica Rolex Watchescommand reasonably limited has regrettably built them into a popular of forgers, also it can be very hard to distinguish the actual factor from the good Rolex Submarine(regrettably, nowadays,Origina Replica Breitling top quality printing isn’t brain surgery), which makes it even more vital that you ensure — once we have — that you’re coping with the actual factor. This can be a highly collectible Omega Watchesin impressively clean condition.This 1:1 Replica Rolex Watches is precisely like we love to them, with an excellent case along with a perfect dial. The signature clearly makes these Tag Heuer Watches and Hermes handbags much more special.

    ReplyDelete