Friday, September 9, 2016

WIW Roundup & Grace Like Rain

Hello! I interrupt my my two-part series on organization for a "what I wore round up".  And, If you're in the mood for extra ramblings, you've come to the right place. I have Chrissy thoughts waiting for you at the bottom of this post. Enjoy! ;)

Outfit 1: Fringe Vest




In this get up I'm sporting two of my new fall items and about mid-day I regretted the fringe vest and black jean combo! As soon as I got home I changed into a pair of burgundy shorts and felt like a new woman. Fall is not quite here.

Outfit Breakdown:
Top: LOFT (old)
Fringe Vest: Marisa Jill's Boutique
Jeans: WHBM
Shoes: Fall Addition! - Clarks
Handbag: Gift
Jewelry: Premier Designs

2. Lace Dress



This soft, feminine dress is wonderfully comfortable and has a length that makes it appropriate for just about anything.  Adding the ankle boots to my closet inspired me to give this dress another go.

Outfit breakdown:
Dress: Altar'd State clearance find
Denim Jacket: Old Navy (old)
Backpack Purse: Clarks - clearance find
Ankle Boots: Fall Addition! - Clarks

3. "Grace Like Rain"



As soon as my sister handed me the completed screen-printed tee, I knew how I would style it and I knew the first wear would be singing back up for the HS worship band (my vocal comfy place). *Truth: I sing far more like I'm in a Broadway musical than a "cool" rocker but I like to pretend... 


Outfit Breakdown:
Jacket: OLD
Tee: Old Navy Clearance for $2, Sweat and tears from my sister - FREE
Black Skinnies: WHBM, last season
Ankle Boots: Target, 3 seasons ago!
Bracelets & Necklace: Premier Designs

***Extra Thoughts on Grace***

I love the necessary reminder (for me anyway) printed on this tee. "Grace Like Rain." I'm here and who I am because of His grace. Unmerited favor. Last week was full of life lessons of what it meant to receive undeserved favor from the Creator of all people and all things. In this particular season, His grace came in the form of an envelope from an anonymous friend with a gift and note to "just accept". Grace was revealed in the prompting of just the right song at just the right time. Like sweet refreshment grace arrived packaged in timely words of encouragement from a friend. And because of my "busyness" over the summer and almost neglect of spending personal time with Him, I couldn't feel more undeserving.  As if, I would be more deserving if I spent hours with Him daily! 
I know it doesn't work that way. I understand that I cannot earn His love or forgiveness.  It is a gift. BUT, the unexpected blessings were bittersweet because the timing of these gifts reminded me of how much I fall short and I don't fully grasp the concept of grace. 

Grace like rain. Showers of grace. Do I want to continue in this life of distraction and busyness because I think God will dole out showers of grace no matter what?? NO! That is why I wept at His generous outpouring. I don't want to try to work for His favor but I do want to please Him. Could this be a response of love towards my heavenly Father instead of doing "works" because that is what I know I should be doing? Praying this is one more step of growth. 
What are your thoughts on God and the grace He shares about in the Bible?

"Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given." John 1:16

"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Until next post my friends,

Chrissy

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I discovered your blog, Chrissy! Grace is like rain. God is always there for us. Even when we forget Him; even when we're so busy with worldly things, he remains the same. Have a wonderful weekend <3

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you did as well and look forward to reading your blog. Yes, God is always there. He is just so good. :)

      Delete
  2. That fringe vest is so adorable! And your lacy dress is gorgeous. I love all of these outfits. Today is like Fall where I live, but I fear summer is returning tomorrow for a few more weeks!

    Thanks so much for linking up with me On the Edge of the Week. Have a fantastic day!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ack! We are still in the high 80s. Fall where are you?? Thank you for commenting with all those kind words. ;)

      Delete