Friday, November 11, 2016

Denim Craze & A New Kind of Storage Solution?




Pics by Kim Hymes Photography
Fall has arrived in Georgia! With temps in the 60s, I need only to reach for that extra layer and enjoy the sunshine. I'm wearing blue denim skinnies and my right hand struggles to know why the left hand reaches for a chambray top. I have to remind myself that this is in fact on trend! This is my first time heading out in this style so I start off easy by adding a soft, cotton tee to break up the denim on denim look. I think I like it! Booties and all kinds of denim are becoming my fashion language this year. Of course it will change again, but until then I'll enjoy. 


Outfit Breakdown:

Chambray Top: GAP (Clothes Mentor find)
Pocket Tee: (Altar'd State - Not cheap but watch for a sale!)
Skinnies: Judy blue (Marissa Jill Boutique)
Ankle Boots: Clarks
Necklace: Willow by Premier Designs
Bracelets & Watch: Premier Designs


Pictured above is another way I sported denim on denim. Only this time it was a light wash. I loved it with the copper/rose gold accessories and olive green top!

What do you think of the denim craze? Would you sport it?


Outfit Breakdown:
Jacket: Old Navy - old
Top: Target - summer
Flare Jeans: LOFT - old
Necklace: English Rose by Premier Designs 


***On to Storage Solutions!***

Now that Georgia is catching on to fall, I need to begin switching out seasonal clothes. It's not a chore I look forward to. I place sweaters, shoes, etc in a tote and then haul it outside to our storage building. It's not climate controlled so I've often run into mildew problems on the shoes and a strong odor on my clothes. Of course a run through the wash fixes the odor problem, but the shoes are a different story.  

Recently, I learned that there is an app/company that helps you make storage decisions and then pick up whatever you need stored and store it for you. Then if you need something back, you use the app to let them know and they return it! Just when I think I've heard it all, right? 

It's called MakeSpace and they are relatively new. Here's how they explain it...


MakeSpace is a new service that comes to your place, grabs your stuff, and stores it. Through the use of our app you can tell us to bring you whatever you need out of storage whenever!!! It’s kind of like having a second closet, or even a personal assistant that brings you your stuff at a snap of your fingers :) (They have self-storage locations throughout the US.)

Check out this flow chart!

I love this flowchart from the app that points you in the right direction for organizing.  Often times, the thought of tackling clutter is overwhelming but if I have a focused plan I actually enjoy the process (if it's uninterrupted!).


This would benefit those, like me, with limited storage space, but I also wonder if it wouldn't be a help to those who struggle with lifting heavy items, etc. How nice to have a service to pick up and drop off. I'm thinking of my elderly neighbor right now who is unable to lift much or even drive right now. 

What do you think??

As always, I love hearing from you. You make blogging fun!

Chrissy
SaveSave
SaveSave

11 comments:

  1. Love the way you styled the blue denim. It looks so good with the heathered rose tee.

    Come share your great style with my linkup every Thursday. A brand-new one was posted just yesterday. Would love to see you linkup.

    Thanks and enjoy the weekend!!

    http://eleganceandmommyhood.blogspot.com/2016/11/thursday-moda-37-and-thanksgiving.html


    Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your double denim. This is one of my favorite default looks

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I may just have to make it a default of my own. ;)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hello! thank you for commenting and the facebook/bloglovin follow. Totally made my day. :)

      Delete
  4. You are the Cutest and have the most beautiful smile!! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style. I love your layering. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole. P.S. I can't figure out how to post comments on your blog post...?

      Delete
  6. I love this pink tee! The color is gorgeous on you. And denim on denim is always fabulous. I do not envy those who have to switch out seasonal clothing. I am fortunate enough that I have tons of closet space and do not have to switch out. But I am glad you found a suitable storage solution. Thanks for sharing and for linking up with me On the Edge!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete