Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Statement Necklace & Date Night



Hello! I hope November is off to a good start for you. :)

My hubby and I recently celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary! Despite our full schedules, we were able to carve out a few hours to steal away together, with no extra riders. Rico's World Kitchen, a favorite of ours, ended up being our stop. With an eclectic assortment of delicious food, good prices and a fun atmosphere, Rico's makes it difficult for us to try another place.  After, filling up on strawberry salad and cuban sandwiches, we made a pitstop at the mall for a phone repair and decided to peek into our favorite stores.

See you in a few, honey. He went to Dick's and I went to Altar'd State.

I've trained myself to go straight to the sale racks before browsing the rest of the store. This training paid off and I was rewarded with this $7.00 hat find! It went great with my outfit, so you know I just had to have it.



And this statement necklace? I've had it since April, but it's been way too hot to experiment with it. Not to mention the fact that I've never been into statement necklaces before. My instinct, while throwing an outfit together, is to reach for a long necklace. I'm afraid I've fallen into a necklace rut. Here's to trying new things!  Only problem is I need some bracelets to go with this copper and glass beauty.  That should be easily remedied soon!

Do you wear statement necklaces?

Outfit Breakdown:

Denim Jacket: Old Navy
Top: Target Clearance
Green Jeans: Marisa Jills
Booties: Clarks


Extra Thoughts on Dating
As I mentioned above, it was our anniversary and we kept it sweet and simple. There was no pressure to do something extravagant. Why? Because this year we made extra efforts to pour into our marriage. Escaping for a short respite was icing on the cake, though if a cruise was possible, I'd have done that as well! ;)  

Notice I said "this year". I say this because our last anniversary we came to the startling realization that we had begun to neglect each other.  We were becoming all business. How did we not notice? With four boys and a full schedule, our home is a bustle of activity. Not to mention a money vacuum. However, living disconnected can't be an option. So, we wrote a list of things we thought would be fun to do together.  

The list is done. Now what? How do we make this happen? It's not as easy as I would have thought. In fact, it took us a few months before we started getting some sort of system in place. Grab dinner, but make time for a walk. Once in awhile, take a full day to ourselves and go for a hike.  Another thing, go roller skating as a family. Yup. If we're all having fun together, those are sweet moments shared and great memories made. 

Wait. There's more. We realized that for us,  it's more than getting out together. How do we have connecting moments on a day-to-day basis? That may look like encouraging texts, praying together, acts of unsolicited service or surprises:  chocolates or flowers for no particular reason, etc.

These small connecting moments can add up to big ones. Like money in the bank.  Of course every couple is different. So to each has its' own connecting moment. The important thing is to make sure you're having them. We still fall into a rut at times, and there are just some seasons that are going to be crazy. Here is where I have to remind myself to show grace. We are not perfect. We are a work in progress!! 

This past weekend we went on a marriage retreat. Those are great investments! If you have one nearby coming up, try to go.  I always come home with good reminders and new insights. 
I leave you today with a small way that we connect. And that's being just plain silly.

While waiting to be seated, we made good use of the time by snapping a few blog pictures. I'm sure others waiting to be seated were entertained by our ridiculousness...

Glen's Blog Pics (He doesn't have a blog.)



So in review...if you're in a rut and not connecting here are a few of my unprofessional, but hopefully helpful suggestions:

  • Plan a working date immediately! This is important! 
  • Assess the situation. Can we identify a big problem or is it a conglomeration of little things? (Bigger problems may need outside help - that's ok!! This is important!)
  • Make a list of things you both enjoy doing together.
  • Make a plan! You may have to put some dates on the calendar. You may need another "work" date to get it done. But do it. This is important!
  • Ask each other what are some small day to day things you can do for one another to make each other feel special. (Small investments add up!)
  • Go On Marriage Retreats
  • If you pray, pray together! We need all the help we can get.

Ok, so what do you to connect with your loved one? I'm always looking for creative ideas. 

Have a wonderful day my friends and remember to be silly from time to time!

Chrissy
SaveSave
SHARE:

23 comments

  1. Love this post! You look stunning as usual and I really like your tips. I will be forwarding them to some couples I know.

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Connecting Moments"....I love it and I love your hat find, cool necklace and sweet style!! You are both precious, my Mr. And I try to practice as many of these as we can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, in this busy world it's hard to connect, isn't it? As always, thank you for commenting and sharing this venture with me.

      Delete
  3. This is my kind of look. Casual & cool

    http://www.michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit! Good tips too by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute date night look! I love your top very much, especially paired with the light blue denim jacket!

    You are an IT girl indeed in that gorgeous jacket. I just added a floral bomber to my closet and cannot wait to style it! Thank you for inspiring me!! Come join my recent brand-new Thursday Moda linkup and share your great sense of style with me and my readers. Welcome by. <3 Ada.

    http://eleganceandmommyhood.blogspot.com/2016/11/thursday-moda-38-and-little-white.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ada! As always, you say the nicest things. I'm hopping over to your blog now. :)

      Delete
  6. First of all, you look adorable and that statement necklace is gorgeous! Second of all, these are such great tips that we can all benefit from. Thanks for reminding me! And thanks for linking up with me On the Edge.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post! You look dazzling as regular and I truly like your tips. I will advance them to certain couples I know.
    Xoxo,
    Captain Marvel Leather Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your method is really amazing to manage the words in your and such valuable information with us. Get the designing and development services by the best Website Designing Company in Delhi at Ogen Infosystem.
    SEO Service in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice blog, keep more update about this related topic. Visit our website for lifestyle magazine.
    Lifestyle Magazine India

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice blog, Get the Mutual Fund Schemes by Investment firms and Mutual Fund Companies.
    Investment Advisor in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for sharing this informative blog with us. Visit Lifestyle Magazine India.
    Lifestyle Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kalakutir Pvt Ltd offers Floor Marking Paint and School Bus Painting and in Delhi at cheap cost.
    Floor Marking Paint

    ReplyDelete
  13. Website Design Companies in New Zealand with their strategic approach drives the complete look of your website. They have efficient experts who lead to provide a user-friendly and responsive website and can also revamp your website in case, it has lost its charm and become outdated.

    Website Revamp Company in New Zealand
    Logo Designing Company in New Zealand
    Logo Designing Services in New Zealand
    Graphic Designing Company in New Zealand
    Website Design Company in New Zealand
    Website Maintenance Company in New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  14. Comic Stars Fighting 3.6 is a fighting game that you will play with the Japanese anime characters. Unlike most of the other fighting games, this game has many different modes which you can choose from. You can play the story or play with other players online. Or you can prefer the free mode to make some practice. Moreover, you can evolve your characters while fighting and make more powerful moves to kill your opponents. We believe that you will really like this fighting game which has pixel graphics but really fun. putlocker

    ReplyDelete
  15. A share market is an economic transactions which aggregate buyers and sellers.The stock market provides safety transaction as the person can trade privately ... Since 5 years I am trading in shares which lakshay consultant is advising and i had ... Jawalaheri Market Near, Haldiram Paschim Vihar New Delhi-110063 ...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Evermore Technologies let businesses avail greater lead generation and higher conversions with its technical expertise. Evermore also provides Website Designing and Development Company in Noida for better online visibility and brand perception.
    Website Designing Company in Noida

    ReplyDelete
  17. This was an outstanding blog post. I loved it. I’ll be back to read more. Thanks !


    my web page;풀싸롱

    ReplyDelete
  18. virtual edge. many events have decided to shift to virtual and This comes as no surprise also particularly considering that over 90% of event marketers are planning on investing heavily on digital experiences in the future and If you’re looking for more information about virtual events. registration websites for events, how to find vendor events in my area, invitation reminder message sample, innovative events ideas, event quotes, email invite wording, team lunch invitation mail, dinner invitation email sample, meeting invitation email, create a name for a business and how to write a biography of yourself

    ReplyDelete

© Granola and Grace
Blogger Templates made by pipdig