Wednesday, April 18, 2018

It's A Nice Day For Nuetrals


Hello!  Today I'm featuring two neutral looks, styled with the same pair of jeans! However, I struggle with what content to share. I stare off into space, I look at my pictures for this post, watch birds peck away at the ground for breakfast and still nothing. Not ready to give up yet, I take a momentary brain break and check Facebook for notifications (don't judge. wink.). There's nothing of importance so,  I go to put my phone down and then I see it. A quote posted by a friend from Madeleine L'engle, the author of "A Wrinkle in Time".

Apparently, more than 30 publishers rejected said book for over a 2 1/2 period. This is what the author penned in her journal...

"It's so ironic that I wrote this book for God, and I wrote this book because I finally understand why I'm a writer, and now nobody wants me."

She also wrote: "I have to try, but I do not have to succeed. Following Christ has nothing to do with success as the world sees success. It has to do with love. During the ten years when practically nothing I wrote was published, I was as much a writer...as I am now; it may happen that there will come another time when I can't find anyone to publish my work. If this happens, it will matter. It will hurt. But I did learn...that success is not my motivation." (Thank you Jessica for sharing.)



Wow. I find this incredibly encouraging! What is my motivation? I'm not sure I've thought about my "why" in this manner before, and perhaps I should. What do you think? What is your motivation?

Even more than that, I find it comforting, as well as freeing to acknowledge hurt from rejection or failure; to feel it and know that it's not weakness. However, this reminds me to MOVE on, work harder if necessary and continue to pursue LOVE.

One more thought on this. Jessica had no idea that her post would inspire and encourage me this morning. You never know who is reading your posts and I'm reminded that I should choose my words carefully and BE positive when sharing.


I feel good right now, but I think it's more than Madeleine's story and quote. This euphoric feeling might have something to do with my morning workout. After more than 5 years, I am returning to the gym - well, for 5 weeks anyway. As of this week, I'm collaborating with Dacula Fit Body Bootcamp to document what they're about and share what kind of results I gain. It's been tough but once I'm done I feel energized. I'll be sharing more about this in a future post.


Until then let's get to fun and light thoughts inspired by fashion!! Once again I grabbed my current favorites by Judy Blue denim and paired them with an old top from Zara, my stone colored booties and finished off the look with my bright purse and silver jewelry. This was an easy, comfortable look that I wore to run errands. That's all. (My mind just flitted to Meryl Streep, as Miranda Priestly in The Devil Wears Prada, when she dismisses "Andy".)

"That's all."

Quick Outfit Breakdown:
Top: Old from Zara
Denim: Judy Blue Jeans (several varieties)
Crossbody purse: Clarks USA (old)
Butterfly Necklace: Flutter
Bracelet Stack: Trifecta
Earrings: Stiletto

Neutral Look 2: Thankful Tee




But that's not all. Quickly I share my second outfit, which I wore in the same week. Though the color scheme was similar the styles felt very different.  I love how comfortable they are and I'm already wearing out these Birkenstock replicas from Target. They are so comfy and are surpassingly versatile!

I've featured the graphic tee back in the fall (check that out HERE) and I'm happy to bring it back! I love the softness and the color is beautiful. It's a pleasure to support local women living out their dreams!

Quick Outfit Breakdown:

Fringe Vest: LOFT - OLD
Graphic Tee: Seriously Happy Tees "Thankful"
Denim: Judy Blue Jeans
Shoes: Target (exact below)
Purse: Vince Camuto
Earrings: Fan Club
Wrap Bracelet: Pop of Posh


That really is all for today my friends! I'm THANKFUL for You (I know. I'm cheesy, but it's true.). And I close with yet another picture of my photographers. Let's grab life by the hands and just GO FOR IT!


Chrissy

To see who I'm linking up with this week, click HERE.
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. It's true how we can get and give inspiration with just a word or smile!!! It's so powerful Chrissy!!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jodie. I appreciate your continual support and encouragement. Though you have lots of folks to correspond with, you still take time to make each one feel special!

      Delete
  2. Wow! You needed your friend's post,Chrissy, and I needed yours. I went through that when I started my blog...It felt like nobody was bothering with it...why am I doing this? But, it felt so clear God was leading me to this. And now, I've felt so clearly God telling me to write again, and I have been. So, now I've started my second blog just for my writing. And I've had to decide in my soul that if no one ever reads it, that's ok, I'm writing for me and I'm writing for God and if that's all there ever is - so be it because I've been obedient! Thank you so much for this confirmation for my soul! You're always such a blessing to me!...And you look fabulous doing it!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, sweet Ronnie. Thank You. And I had no idea that you started another blog! That's wonderful. I'll look and see if I can find it!!

      Delete
  3. Love the quote you shared Chrissy! Such a good reminder of not only what is important but also the impact our words have on others. Rejection does hurt and that's okay, we will deal with it and remind ourselves to push on, work harder, and maybe do things differently. Your post really spoke to my heart because just last week I was feeling all kinds of down for such silly reasons. When I find myself stuck in the "pity pit" I do some things to get myself turned around and back to my happy self!
    Beautiful friend, on the inside as well as the outside Chrissy, that's what you are! I'm excited about your collaboration with the gym!!! Good for you girl!!!!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kellyann and what a comfort it is to be reminded that I'm not alone. I'm not the only one who gets carried away by the little things from time to time! And yes, I'm excited about the gym fun though it's definitely kicking my tail. This week I've been waking up early on my own in anticipation/dread. lol

      Delete
  4. LOVED reading this!! I definitely needed it this morning! ❤❤❤ continue pressing on because you motivate me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet sister. you are a gift to me and so many others!!

      Delete
  5. Very beautiful.I love it when people are not shallow, a lot are sadly enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy! I'm all over "real", "transparent", etc. Love to hear people's real and inspiring stories.

      Delete
  6. I can relate to this quote so much. Success is not my motivation either. I think it's about what happens along the journey. My motivation is purely about helping other people. I want to show other ladies that they can feel good about themselves and look good for themselves as well!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your graphic tee! I've been wanting a similar one that says 'thankful' or 'grateful' or 'blessed'. I think it would be a great reminder of all the wonderful things I am so lucky to have in my life! The vest is darling over it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these neutral looks are so YOU and just beautiful! I love the thankful tee, one word that says so much! I also love the first top! I always feel better after I work out. I make myself get up at 5am M-F to work out every morning and I just love getting it done and over with and then I don't have to think about it the rest of the day. And, I just love having the weekend off. Good for you! Been loving your IG Stories about your workout experience! Your so down to earth about it, just love that! I have some of the same thoughts during and when working out! ha!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great quote... I agree about not knowing who's reading your words. I know we all have bad days, but I still try to keep things positive. I feel like my purpose is to encourage and support.

    Love the outfits. I have similar Target sandals and they are super comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

© Granola and Grace
Blogger Templates made by pipdig